- Feature Links
- Job Opportunities
Full-time Job Openings
Street Maintenance Worker
The City of Harrisonville, Missouri, is accepting applications for a full-time Streets Department Maintenance Worker.
The position requires a class-B CDL with air brakes endorsement, heavy lifting, outdoor work and successfully passing a pre-employment drug test. A knowledge of public street maintenance and equipment experience preferred. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must be able to perform bending and reaching to both ground level and overhead, must be able to lift, carry, push and pulls up to 80 pounds and must be able to hold and grip objects. Successful candidates will be subject to on-call and on occasion must work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, and weekends.
Work is primarily outdoors and will be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
Successful candidate will be required to relocate to within 45-minute drive time to the Street Department Warehouse, located at 1401 S Independence Street.
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications. The city offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; Missouri LAGERs pension, discounted membership to the City’s Community Center, tuition assistance program, and employee wellness program.
Questions may be directed to Rodney Jacobs at (816) 380-8964 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit application and resume to email@example.com Applications are available on the City's web site www.harrisonville.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Harrisonville is an equal opportunity employer.
Harrisonville, Missouri, is a 4th class city located 30 miles south of Kansas City, MO, with a population of approximately 10,000. Harrisonville Emergency Services is a department with up-to-date equipment and state-of-the-art EMS equipment. The department currently employs 21 full-time personnel, including command staff, that performs the challenging work of emergency medical care, fire suppression, fire prevention and rescue. The fire department operates a 24-hour Modified Berkley Schedule. The department operates one ALS engine, and two fully staffed ALS ambulances from one station.
- Responds to emergency situations and incident to suppress fires, affect rescues/extrications, participated in searches, mitigate hazardous materials and perform other duties as assigned and capable.
- Operate firefighting tools, aerial equipment, emergency medical equipment, extrication and rescue equipment and a variety of related tools and vehicles.
- Provide basic life support and emergency medical care.
- Participates in on-going technical and physical training to maintain certifications.
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to department facilities.
- Participates in fire prevention and safety education/promotional events. Conducts station tours and gives presentations and demonstrates the use of the fire suppression and safety equipment.
- Assists in documenting incident and provides incident information to appropriate agencies and supervisor.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Missouri EMT-B Certification
- Vocational/technical training in firefighting and emergency medical treatment with two years of firefighting and EMT experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possession of EMT-B certification, Firefighter I & II (preferred), hazardous materials operation, advanced life support, and basic life support certifications (CPR-Health Care Provider).
Benefit package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; Missouri LAGERs pension, discounted membership to the City’s Community Center, tuition assistance program, and employee wellness program.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and copy of certifications to one of the following:
- FAX: (816)-380-5630
- Apply in Person: Harrisonville Emergency Services, 903 S. Commercial St, Harrisonville, MO 64701
- Or online at www.harrisonville.com.
- Or contact Chief Eric Myler @ (816)-380-8925 for job details.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Part-time Job Openings
There are currently no part-time job openings.
The City of Harrisonville is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).