The Street Department's mission is to maintain the city's streets, storm drains, and alleys in satisfactory condition to safeguard and protect the safety, health, and welfare of our citizens.
Services / Programs
The Street Division is responsible for maintaining and repairing 66 miles of street-related infrastructure and 32 miles of sidewalks and curbing within the City of Harrisonville.
- Daily street sweeping of roadways
- Roadway repair
- Provide support for community events in the form of manpower and equipment (such as Burnt District Festival, Citywide Clean Up, Household Hazardous Waste Collection events, and many more)
- Continue with the current chip sealing and resurfacing programs
- Replacing sidewalk and curb and gutter
- Provide pavement striping and marking
- Provide street sign installation and repair
- Clean, repair, and replace stormwater catch basins and piping
- Snow removal on city streets
Not all streets and highways in Harrisonville are maintained by the City's Street Department. In particular, Missouri Highways 2 (South Street), 7 (Mechanic Street), 291, and Interstate 49, are the responsibility of the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Others are maintained by the Cass County Road Department.
View a map (PDF) showing who is responsible for each street throughout the City.
To report problems or unsafe conditions on these roads please call MoDOT Customer Service Center at 888-275-6636.